The candidate who is interested in admission to the first professional in BAMS and BUMS course require fulfilling the following criteria:
• Students must be Bangladeshi Citizen.
• Students who have passed the SSC/Equivalent Exam
• Students who have passed the HSC/Equivalent from the science background with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
• Total GPA 8.0 in SSC and HSC and GPA 3.5 in each of SSC and HSC and minimum GPA 3.50 in Biology.
• For GCE: 05 (best five) Subjects in O-Level and 03 (three) subjects (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) in A-level.
With above criteria, students are eligible for entrance examination for both courses. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance examination conducted by Medical education, Directorate General Health Services (DGHS), Bangladesh. After securing good rank, the student can get admission in first professional, who may be provisional and need to be approved by concerned of University of Dhaka.